Image Credit: Denis Roussel
Denis Roussel Annual Fellowship 2021
Eligibility for 2021 | Apply by September 1, 2020
We encourage artists from underrepresented groups to submit. There is no cost to enter. The DRF is open to all photo-based artists at least 18 years old in the USA.
This fellowship focuses on artistic development and can be used for any of the following (or more):
- assistance to obtain a studio for the fellowship period
- create a residency to make new work
- internship/mentorship with a noteworthy photographer or expert for the project
- print works for an exhibition
- publish an artist book
- creation and/or presentation of new work
- travel for purposes of artistic research or presentation
- purchase of equipment necessary to create new work
- the development of new artistic skills
- professional technical assistance
The ideal candidate for the Denis Roussel Fellowship is a dedicated photo-based artist with a compelling body of work. Proposed projects can be in progress.
- Complete Online Application
- Complete the Fellowship Online Application with the submission of an essay (written or video) and supporting work samples.
- Submit a written essay, video, or other creative format that states your desire for the fellowship and includes an introduction that clearly defines who you are as an artist. Include what you are most proud of as an artist, your most notable qualifications, experiences, credentials, skills, and achievements. Also, highlight your artistic dreams and needs. Describe how this fellowship can make a difference in your life,
- and why you should be the selected fellow. (3 pages or 5 minutes maximum)
- Work Samples
- Submit 10 – 20 work samples
2020 Denis Roussel Fellowship Artist | Andre Ramos-Woodard
- Fellowship Awarded November 5, 2019
- Fellowship period: January – December 2020
2019 Denis Roussel Fellowship Artist
Mariana Vieira, was awarded the first Denis Roussel Fellowship at the Center for Fine Art Photography. Vieira is a dedicated visual artist with an MFA in Media Arts from the University of Colorado at Boulder and a BFA in Photography from Georgia Southern University. Visit Mariana’s website, to learn more about her work.
Please contact the Center with any questions (970) 224-1010 or email email@example.com