Why Submit Images for the Center for Fine Art Photography’s Call for Entries?
1. The Center has been recognized as one of the prestigious non-profit photography centers in the United States. As a non-profit, the Center’s mission is to serve artists and the community.
2. Our jurors are of the highest standard in the industry and are a mix of museum curators, prestigious gallery owners, magazine editors, master photographers, or collectors. In other words, they are in a position to help further the careers of the photographers that enter the calls. We have had enormous success with connecting artists with these jurors with many opportunities arising from those connections. Additionally, artists always retain full copyrights to their images. Always.
3. Not only are the selected artists included in our bricks and mortar gallery exhibitions, and online galleries but, we provide the following additional services for exhibiting artists:
a. Press releases – The Center provides press releases for each exhibition and will send personalized releases to the outlets that you designate.
b. Social Media – the Center currently has over 43,000 twitter followers and 19,000 Facebook fans. We leverage these to promote our exhibitions and artists. Each online exhibition features the linked websites of the exhibiting artists and social media sharing capabilities.
c. Reception weekends – Whenever possible we have the juror present for the reception weekend. This allows for low pressure, productive time for the artists and the jurors to connect. Parts of this connection time are complimentary portfolio reviews (both with the juror and the Center’s director), a group lunch, and group portfolio share. Many long-term relationships have been forged during these weekends.
d. Exhibition catalogs are published for most exhibitions.
e. Instillation images are sent to each artist of the overall exhibition and their particular work in that exhibition.
4. Many of our solo and group exhibitions feature artists that have come through our juried exhibitions.
5. Once you’ve exhibited here at the Center, we consider you part of our family and make every effort to remain a part of your career trajectory. If that is providing advice, promoting a project, or making introductions, we are here to assist.
Any questions, comments, or other feedback, contact hamidah at c4fap.